1. Applied Mathematics and Mechanics carries original research papers on mechanics, mathematical methods in mechanics and applied mathematics closely related to modern mechanics, as well as quality papers on mechanical & mathematical modeling and analysis in civil engineering, hydraulic engineering, highway and bridge engineering, navigation and shipbuilding, aeronautics and astronautics, mechanical engineering and metallurgy, national defense and military industry, disaster prevention and reduction, environmental engineering, energy engineering and biochemical engineering. Rational, concise and refined contributions with main achievements and clear conclusions are preferable.
2. We use Founder FZ2008 system for typesetting. Word and Latex-Type files are desirable (Please refer to "Paper Template" at "Download" menu in the homepage). Remember to attach your necessary source files and figures together. The website http://www.applmathmech.cn is available for online submission. Please read Instructions to Contributors carefully before submitting. You are welcome!
3. The author(s) shall guarantee that the manuscript must not be published elsewhere in any language without the consent of the copyright holder, that the rights of the third party must not be violated, and that the publisher will not be held legally responsible if there is any third-party claim for compensation. Any author wishing to include illustrations or text passages already published elsewhere is required to obtain permission from the copyright holder and to include evidence that such permission has been granted when submitting paper(s); any material received without such evidence will be assumed to originate from the author(s). Manuscripts at proof stage must be accompanied by a copyright transfer statement from the author(s). Once a paper is accepted for publication, its copyright belongs exclusively to the Journal in the years prescribed by related China laws. The Editorial Board has the right to use the published manuscripts in CNKI and other kinds of indexing databases (CD-ROM, electronic edition, and online edition).
4. The Journal accepts contributions recommended by members of the Journal Editorial Board and welcomes non-recommended contributions as well. A recommended contribution shall bear a recommender-signed letter for the Editor-in-Chief’s review; upon its publication, the recommender’s name shall be placed under the paper title. Non-recommended contributions will go to editor review for formal examination, among which the qualified will be sent to peer review for academic advice, and the Editor-in-Chief will make the final decision on publication.
5. Information listed in any paper's first page footnote should include the first author’s year of birth, gender, nationality, native place, professional title, academic degree, telephone number and e-mail address. Any part of the paper that constitutes a funded project, national key project, international and national conference and doctoral dissertation should be clarified here, together with the ratification number.
6. The first person pronouns like "I" or "we", and the extra expressions like "this paper" or "in this paper" would better be avoided in the English abstract which usually comprises 200-400 words and agrees with its Chinese version well. The abstract shall include the paper’s objective, implementation processe, methodology, and conclusion; the writing shall be concise and logical; the use of short sentences is encouraged; and the research background shall be avoided in the abstract, so shall citations of the references, illustrations, tables and mathematical expressions. Requirment on the English abstract can be downloaded from Download Center on the website homepage.
7. Key words for indexing are mandatory. 3-8 key words shall be chosen to cover the major points or topics of the paper. This will facilitate indexing and information retrieval. For the sake of convenience, key words shall not be too long. Meanwhile, the CLC number of your paper is needed.
8. The use of SI units is mandatory. Arabic numerals shall be used for measurement, statistical data and calendar days. Commonly-used symbols are suggested. Single Latin or Greek letters are preferred for all measurement symbols except the 25 characteristic symbols (such as Re to represent Reynolds). Use superscripts or subscripts to distinguish between different symbols if necessary. Vectors, tensors and matrices shall be in Black Italic. Units in illustrations and tables shall be in the “symbol/unit” form.
9. At least ten pertinent references, preferably of recent years, shall be cited in the paper text. Unpublished ones shall be avoided. All references cited shall be collectively listed following the text in the same order they appear before. A journal reference shall be complete and grouped in the following sequence: name(s) of the author(s), title of paper, year of publication, volume number, issue number, inclusive page numbers. Authors may consult the latest issues of the Journal for the reference format. A Non-English reference should be accompanied by an English translation ending with the original language marked (such as "in Chinese" or "Chinese version", etc.). To know more about the reference format, please go to the template provided on our website.
10. All illustrations shall be drawn by computer and provided in electronic document. Photocopies are acceptable as long as they are adequately legible, which shall be placed at the right positions of the manuscript. Clear original illustrations shall be provided once the manuscript is accepted for publication. Numbers and symbols in the illustrations shall be in line with those in the text. And English translation shall go with illustrations and table titles. The size of the attached pictures shall not exceed 5Mb. Guide to prepare paper's artwork can be downloaded from Download Center on the website homepage.
The Journal adopts the AMLC service to verifies the originality of paper content before publication. Any contributor, once found with plagiarism, shall be deprived of publication on the Journal for a time length of 3 years thereafter.